sábado, 28 de mayo de 2011

Holidays and Celebrations

Teacher Doris ask us to do 3 holidays and celebrations: One personal, one local and one international. This are the topics that I choose.

Personal Celebration: My/Friends Birthday


Like I already said in my previous post, I usually go out with my mom and we have lunch on Tony Romas or another site of my election. But the most awesome part is to share it with my friends. We infact have an tradition: Since my friend The Sloth (My friends are shy, so I'm gonna call them by their nicknames) and myself have very close birthdays (2nd and 9th of February) we celebrate them togheter. We reunite in someone house (Normally on The Rabbit's House or The Weasel's House) and spent all the day there.

 This was my favorite birthday gift of this year, is a poster of my favorite actor Chris Colfer and my birthday card.

If we don't buy a cake, we make it ourselves. Then we make lunch togher (but if we are tired, we gave up and go out to buy something) and decorate the place with ballooms and posters of our favorite things. Our oldest tradition, and the most awesome of them all is that we made homemake birhtday cards, in wich we write something special for the birthday girl.

My birthday card.


Local Celebration: Holy Week/Easter

In Venezuela, Easter is the holiest of Christian period that happens on Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday. During this period, is when you live more intensely in Christianity, since in this time commemorating the Passion, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

 We playing some games

We celebrate holy week almost exactly like our birthdays, wich is kinda funny and unoriginal of ourselves. This year we made a sleep over in The Rabbit's House, we spent all the day doing a barbecue of: Chicken Skewers, Yuca, Rice, Russian Salad and Vodka. (The Sloth and myself were joking that it was a "Catholic Barbecue" because all the other girls didn't belive in eat meat.) We watched anime and played a lot of Metal Slug a very old, but awesome videogame.

The "Catholic Chicken Skewers"


International Celebration: World Cancer Day


For the international day, I didn't want to write about Christmas, so I did a little research and found this celebration, wich is very important because is something that almost no one knows about. World Cancer Day is marked on February 4 to raise awareness of cancer and to encourage its prevention, detection, and treatment. It is led by the International Union Against Cancer, a global consortium of more than 350 cancer-fighting organizations in over 100 countries.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario